Mountain Hare
Male Red Grouse shot from the mini bus window
Male Red Grouse again shot from the mini bus
Black Grouse leck
These images were shot after spending a night in a hide set up right next to the lek site. They started to lek at 5:30 am and finished around 8:30. I was trying to capture the action however at f. 2.8 it was not easy to capture the action and focus correctly.
Two males and a hen
Strutting about
Badger
I went to Photograph Pine Martins one night however they didn't come to the hide on this particular night. I did have some Badgers to entertain me though. This one was shot full frame 24mm
Mountain Hare
while people tried to get as close as possible to them by stalking I decided to position myself down the hill and wait for the Hares to run down towards me. I wanted to show the spectacular landscape that they live in and include the hair.
Ptarmigan
These birds are so well camouflaged that I walked right past this one and had to retrace my steps to capture it.
Another one, this time a female shot just as the sun was going down.
These two shots were photographed in a blizzard, very tricky conditions for photography. The wind kept blowing snow into the front of the lens and composing/focusing was very tricky due to ice building up in the view finder.

The view from where we were staying













No comments:
Post a Comment